Providing goods and services for people with disabilities.
Scripture Union Canada is committed to excellence in serving everyone, including people with disabilities.
All our staff are trained and familiar with the assistive devices we have on site, or provide for people with disabilities to use while accessing our goods or services.
We communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person is allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Fees are not charged for support persons who attend our activities or camps to assist a person with a disability. However, support personnel do not receive a participant package unless it is paid for (e.g. clothing, water bottles, books, etc.).
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for people with disabilities, there will be a sign posted on our front door, as well as a notification on the homepage of our website. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
In the event of a camp or activity being disrupted, services/facilities include alternate locations for camps or events.
The notice will be made publicly available on the web page for that particular camp or activity, and by emails or phone calls to parents/guardians directly involved.
Scripture Union Canada provides accessible customer service training to our staff and those who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training is also provided for people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices or procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Staff in the following roles are trained:
– Field Ministry
– Camp Directors and Coaches
– Event Coordinators
Staff will be trained on Accessible Customer Service within one month after being hired.
Training will include:
– An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
– Scripture Union Canada’s plan related to the customer service standard
– How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
– How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
– How to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities. These include:
– What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Scripture Union Canada’s goods and services
– Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Scripture Union Canada provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback in the following way(s):
– In person or in writing at: Scripture Union Canada, 1885 Clements Road, Unit 226, Pickering, On, L1W 3V4
– Email: [email protected]
– Phone: (905) 427-4947
– Fax: (905) 427-0334
All feedback, including complaints, will be handled in the following manner:
– President will be notified of complaint
– Individual with complaint will be followed up through their preferred means of communication, as possible and facilitated by Scripture Union Canada (phone, email, large print letter, or with the help of the individual’s support worker or interpreter)
– Customers can expect to hear back in 5 business days.
Notice of Availability
Scripture Union Canada will notify the public that our accessible customer service documents are available on request, by posting a notice in the following location(s):
In the main administration area
On the website at: www.scriptureunion.ca
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS OR OTHER POLICIES
Any policy, practice or procedure of Scripture Union Canada that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
This document is available in an alternate format on request.